[vlc-devel] LibVLC android no hardware acceleration

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Tue Mar 14 09:03:13 CET 2017

Hello,

You should ask android related questions in the Android mailing list
here: https://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/android

For your problem. The hardware decoder used by Android is MediaCodec
directly (not via libav). It should be enabled automatically if you use
the Android LibVLC. According to your logs, MediaCodec is used. Your
logs are not complete enough for me to understand the issue. This could
be an issue related to some specific samples, to your phone or a recent
VLC regression.

I propose to continue the discussion on the Android mailing list.

Regards,
Thomas.