[vlc-devel] Module doesn't load

Francesco, Cuzzocrea francesco at bltitalia.com
Tue May 23 18:15:31 CEST 2017

Hi to all

I've downloaded and compiled vlc version 2.2.5.1 and works fine. After
following the instruction for an

out of tree compile (https://wiki.videolan.org/OutOfTreeCompile/) I
wrote an access_demux skeleton

vlc_module_begin ()
    set_text_domain(DOMAIN)
     set_shortname ( "BLT_Import" )
     set_description( N_("BLT Files demuxer" ) )
     set_capability( "access_demux", 100 )
     set_category( CAT_INPUT )
     set_subcategory( SUBCAT_INPUT_DEMUX )
     set_callbacks( DemuxOpen, DemuxClose )
     add_submodule()
     set_capability("access",100)
     set_callbacks(AccessOpen,AccessClose);
vlc_module_end ()

Both the open functions returns VLC_SUCCESS (doing nothing for now).
I've compiled and installed, but after
command ./vlc --reset-plugins-cache I can't see my plugin in the section
Tools -> Plugin and Extensions ->Plugins.
How can I detect why my plugin isn't loaded ?
regards
Francesco