[vlc-devel] [RFC] Solving the slave input program hijacking

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 28 13:23:28 CEST 2017

Le lauantaina 27. toukokuuta 2017, 18.42.47 EEST Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> Le 26/05/2017 à 18:52, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > I however don't think that the above nor any of your three proposals are
> > palatable for VLC 3.0. We have had these problems for almost two decades,
> > so we should be able to live with them for another year or two.
>
> Or maybe we can temporary workaround by using a single "proxy" es_out
> for slaves. (just differentiating master from slave is enough)

In all likelihood, adding a set of ES output proxying callbacks would end up
even more complicated than layering per-input "global" ES output and per-demux
ES output. The master ES output would have to deal separately with the master
demuxer on the one hand and with proxies on the other hand.

So that´s the worst of all options as far as I am concerned.

I also don´t see how that would solve the PCR problem. It´s quite normal for
the slave PCR to lag behind the master PCR, so the proxy can´t just discard
the slave PCR.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/