[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Update POTFILES.in

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Nov 24 17:04:05 CET 2017

Le perjantaina 24. marraskuuta 2017, 16.47.51 EET Jean-Baptiste Kempf a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2017, at 16:41, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le perjantaina 24. marraskuuta 2017, 14.52.15 EET Jean-Baptiste Kempf a
> >
> > écrit :
> > > vlc | branch: master | Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> | Fri Nov
> > > 24
> > > 15:51:45 2017 +0100| [f2937981fdddcb5a1ee97c2523edaf8b6b7ba6a4] |
> > > committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
> > >
> > > Update POTFILES.in
> >
> > This was obviously not reviewed. It adds a lot of files with no
> > translations
> > in them, slowing down the build for NOTHING and undoing the earlier
> > optimization work.
>
> Sorry, but that makes almost no sense.

Oh really? Because obviously distcheck is fast and your employees never
complain about it being slow.

Oh wait.

> The result of this manual process is that we're missing a lot of files,
> and this is not the first time.

And the result of this patch is that people break the build because they don't
want to wait for distcheck, or while removing files that would not have needed
to be scanned in the first place.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/