[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] mp4: fix stream size handling

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Nov 29 18:43:02 CET 2017

Le keskiviikkona 29. marraskuuta 2017, 18.32.11 EET Jean-Baptiste Kempf a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Could we focus on the technical parts of this discussion, from now on,
> please?
>
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017, at 12:56, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > I fixed all stream_Size() uses (both of them really) in that file.
>
> Nice.
>
> > The first block made zero sense and was removed completely.
>
> I'm curious to why you said zero-sense? It seemed a hack, yes. But it
> fixed some issues, no?

Sorry but I cannot see how it can fix any issue. I can only see how it
introduces new ones - because stream size is not necessarily a constant,
especially for local files.

And the alleged bug has been marked as fixed properly for two years.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/