[vlc-devel] Linking GME contrib

Gilles Sabourin gilles.sabourin at free.fr
Mon Oct 9 07:47:16 CEST 2017

Le dimanche 8 octobre 2017, 21:11:33 CEST Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le sunnuntaina 8. lokakuuta 2017, 19.06.38 EEST Gilles Sabourin a écrit :
> > Hello team,
> >
> > With this commit :
> >
> > * 5e48de5cd1 : Rémi Denis-Courmont : Sun Oct 8 11:00:52 2017 +0300 :
> > Revert
> > "Link GME with CXXLD"|
> >
> > |  configure.ac              | 6 +++++-
> > |  modules/demux/Makefile.am | 2 +-
> > |  2 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
> >
> > Linker complains about many external references (Maybe there is an issue
> > with CXXFLAGS, commit 5e48de5cd1 is dated 3 Nov 2010 - Nearly 7 years -
> > which revert itself (!) commit c46366ce7b dated 2 Nov 2010. I have gcc
> > 5.4.1 full c+ +11.
>
> This is a problem with your GME build missing dependencies.
> Note that contribs GME only works on Windows.
>
> The VLC GME plugin is pure C, and it links fine with upstream GME as of now.

I have a look at gme webpage. There is a new version 0.6.1 which addresses
security issues.

There is no game-music-emu package in my Linux distribution, so if I want to
get this contrib working under Linux, I have to patch the source code and
package it.

No thanks.

I will remove that from my local git tree.

Best,
Gilles