[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vlc-demux-run: add demux fuzzing helper

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Sep 7 17:24:35 CEST 2017

Le torstaina 7. syyskuuta 2017, 10.18.58 EEST Shaleen Jain a écrit :
> On Wed, 2017-09-06 at 12:33 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > distcheck passed but it looks like this breaks non-subdir builds.
> > Feel free to revert.
>
> I think the pretense of rejecting previous attempts of merging fuzz
> testing specific patches i.e. of being misused by hackers would hold
> true for this as well.

There were purely mundane technical objections to the build system for your
fuzz tester by at least three different developers (Marvin, Hugo and myself).

I also stated my opinion that the fuzzer would be best not published. I had
kept my fuzzer private for 8 months by that point. But in the mean time, you
had already made that opinion moot by publishing yours, thus showing anybody
how to efficiently fuzz VLC demuxers.

In addition, I explicitly solicited third opinions. J-B declined to comment,
and nobody else commented at all. Then I sent my fuzzer for review privately,
and got no feedback whatsoever. Only after I finally published the fuzzer over
two months later did I get any (negative) opinion from Hugo and Thomas. Rather
late if I may say.

This is the second time you disparage me on this mailing list in a season. And
now you are essentially accusing me of lying. With nothing to back it up, this
amounts to slander.

Unlike you, I am not paid for that work, nor am I paid to review. I really
have better things to do with my free time than to deal with this.

So I will ignore you from now on.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
https://www.remlab.net/