[vlc-devel] VLC player 360 degree support in Vetinari 3.0.0-git Vetinari in Linux

Ajit Kumar ajitku1984 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 12:01:08 CEST 2017

Hi All,

             Thanks for confirming 360 degree video works on Linux as well.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 machine to compile the Vetinari 3.0.0-git and
compilation and playback of 360 degree video works.

I then use my mouse and keyboard to change the viewing angle and notice no
change in video on any mouse/keyboard actions.

>From logs i could tell , the VOUT_DISPLAY_CHANGE_VIEWPOINT control request
is coming to the module>video_ouput>xcb>x11.c but it is not honoured.

Since, there is no appropriate handling for same in xcb found it in my code
walk through.

(Log snippet below)

[a4f53650] xcb_x11 vout display error: Unknown request in XCB vout display
[a4f53650] core vout display error: Failed to change Viewpoint
[a4f87fc8] motiondetect filter debug: Counted 0 moving shapes.

This makes me think though i have synced to the tip of tree in the master
branch,

I may not working on a branch in which the 360 support is available .Please
correct me if i am wrong here.

Or

my current xcb module in video_output does not process any 360 degree
navigation requests and i need to move to the correct version of xcb which
supports it.

Please redirect me to a branch which supports navigation of 360 degree
video.

Verbose logs are attached:

Thanks

Ajit Kumar