[vlc-devel] Statistic information

Justin Kim justin.kim at collabora.com
Wed Apr 4 12:40:11 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am studying VLC codes to find a right place to add protocol specific
statistics. Actually, I'd like to show the information somewhere in VLC
when using SRT access modules.

As I understand, "Media Information" refers to "struct input_stats_t" of
vlc_input_item.h. At first, I thought I could add some statistics fields
into 'input_stats_t' structure. However, I realized that it's not a good
idea because the struct is too general to have SRT specific information.

In addition, there are lots of statistics fields[0] from SRT.
For this case, is there any reference to add custom statistics?
Or, is it a good idea to create a spearate dialog? e.g "SRT Information"
in menu.

[0] https://github.com/Haivision/srt/blob/master/srtcore/udt.h#L267

Regards,
Justin