[Android] Display name improve on chromecast support

Diego Fernando Nieto diegofn at me.com
Mon Dec 31 15:42:51 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

I have a Sony TV Bravia and its default hostname is XBR-49X707D as shown in https://imgur.com/a/GEzvBmv
In VLC for Android App the chromecast device show as only XBR (the first three letters)

I found that in this file, the display name is trim, but I think that the string.replace code is never executed.
So, I want to suggest you a simple patch, that shows all chromecast name, works for me and eliminate de ‘-' character.

Please, review it and committed for the main repo, Thanks for your time and best regards.

Sincerely,

Diego Fernando Nieto
@calltechsa