[vlc-devel] [patch] add range for --verbose

jnqnfe at gmail.com jnqnfe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 06:14:24 CET 2018

--verbose, per its description (VERBOSE_TEXT and VERBOSE_LONGTEXT) has
a range of 0-2, but this range is not enforced. This patch adds that
missing enforcement.

This does break some plugin debug output, for instance h264 (if not
exclusively this), which outputs even more info at greater values... Of
course we could just simply expand the range a little to give a little
extra room, if not wanting to force plugins into line or to use their
own option.

----

I notice that plugins all add +1 (+VLC_MSG_ERR) to verbosity, thus
setting default to info+error. We could simplify this by removing the
+1, setting the default vebosity to 1, and this new range to 1-3...