[vlc-devel] Advanced Audio Filters-GSOC

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Mon Feb 26 00:44:12 CET 2018

Hi Abhishek,

I understand that it can hard to get started with contributing to open
source. In general, I'd recommend to keep in mind that many folks here
are full-time professionals who have their own busy lives, and to
respect the fact that they volunteer their time and energy to this
project. In that light, you will need to take personal initiative in
getting your self up to speed to contribute.

As for your question, there is a brief description of the tasks on the
GSoC page on the VideoLAN wiki, which can provide useful pointers on
what to search for.

https://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2017#Advanced_Audio_Filters

There have been many resources/articles/books/etc written on how to
effectively contribute - Google can provide many useful references.
Here are a few randomly sampled ones that seemed reasonable:

https://github.com/btford/participating-in-open-source#asking-a-question

https://m.signalvnoise.com/how-i-became-and-stayed-a-successful-programmer-48f209362f68#876d

https://dev.to/bekka/wrap-it-up-being-a-good-citizen-of-open-source-by-devdiscuss-8je

Best of luck in getting started!