[vlc-devel] Ideas for GSoC

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 14:51:13 CET 2018

On 13 Jan 2018, at 13:32, Steve Lhomme wrote:

> Le 12/01/2018 à 18:38, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
>> Heya,
>>
>> If you have any good idea for GSoC development, please give them to me. :D
>>
>> Thx.
>>

> UPNP renderer and/or Airplay renderer.

TBH not sure if AirPlay renderer is worth the effort as it will likely
break often. UPNP would be a much better thing to support, I think.

What would be nice would be proper AirPlay 2 Audio support on macOS,
as Apple offers API to do that in an official way, so thats at least
unlikely to break randomly in the future.
Airplay 2 offers nice improvements over Airplay 1, it has multiroom
capabilities and is much more stable than AirPlay 1 Audio.