[vlc-devel] Complete, Corresponding Source (CCS) for a VLC binary release

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Jan 29 01:49:08 CET 2018

Hello Lasse,

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017, at 03:55, lasse.kantola at iki.fi wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 02:27:14PM +0900, Lasse Kantola wrote:
> > Currently, I am downloading the tarballs by doing "make fetch-all" in
> > the contrib/win32 directory, using the link below as a reference.
> > https://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile/#Prepare_3rd_party_libraries
> > Some of the tarball URLs were not working, or lead to incorrect
> > versions, but by using Google and the SHA512SUMS in contrib/src, it
> > was possible to find correct versions for most of the tarballs.

If you could share some of those that were not present, that would be nice.

Since a bit now, I try to put everything possible under here:
http://ftp.videolan.org/pub/contrib/

> > However, some dependencies had no SHA512SUMS or set version.

Yeah, we fixed this stupidity for 3.0

> > So I would like to find answers to the following questions:
> >
> > - Which contrib dependencies are included in the official VLC 2.2.2
> >   Windows binary release?

I can share the folder, if you want, with all the tarballs.

> > - Which exact version of mfx_dispatch, x264, libpostproc, and tremor
> >   were used in the release?

See above.

> > - What were the configure options?

The default one in extras/package/win32/configure.sh

> > - What was the used build environment: OS, GCC version, etc. for the
> >   binary release? (This is not really necessary for CCS, but would
> >   help in reproducing the build.)

Debian stable version in 2014. Normal gcc and mingw.

> > It would be great to have the answer to the above questions for all
> > available binary releases, to make GPL compliant re-distribution on a
> > physical media easier without resorting to re-compilation.

Done.
Sorry for the delay.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President