[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] itml: fix the printf modifier for the pointer value

Filip Roséen filip at atch.se
Wed Jul 11 11:16:40 CEST 2018

Hi Steve,

On 2018-07-11 11:11, Steve Lhomme wrote:

> On 2018-07-11 11:03, Filip Roséen wrote:
> >
> > A cast to |uintptr_t| is necessary, and the format-specifier
> > should be using |PRIuPTR|. Though, it is certainly debatable
> > whether |uintptr_t| should be used in the code at all.
> >

> I think intptr_t would be more logical to respect the original %zi.
> But on the other hand the p_sys value is always used as a uintptr_t
> in the rest of the code so I guess it would be better.

My vote is fixing the relevant path instead of putting fresh paint on
a dirty road; the change in question did nothing to increase
code-quality given the rest of the file.

I do however like that someone takes the time to fix the broken
format-specifiers in the codebase, so you get a star for taking on
such mind-numbing task.