[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] sout:sap: the sa_family is a short unsigned integer

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Wed Jul 11 18:12:16 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-11 17:53, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le keskiviikkona 11. heinäkuuta 2018, 16.35.32 EEST Steve Lhomme a écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Steve Lhomme <robux4 at ycbcr.xyz> | Wed Jul 11 15:32:13
>> 2018 +0200| [fcf363057f0f7a22bc2086e1b3f1b69aec667ac7] | committer: Steve
>> Lhomme
>>
>> sout:sap: the sa_family is a short unsigned integer
> sa_family depends on the OS.

OK, I found some cygwin headers that have 16 bits for this and some 8 bits.

> Implicit integer promotions made sure that the code was working in all real
> life cases, but this patch not so much.

I don't understand this "implicit integer promotion". It's a vararg so I
would assume the value is passed exactly as it is. It would be better to
cast it to (unsigned) explicitly to avoid any possible issue with %u
that wants an unsigned int.