[vlc-devel] Append metadata to block_t

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Jul 13 13:54:46 CEST 2018

Le 13/07/2018 à 13:44, Vladimir Davydov a écrit :
> Hello dear VLC developers,
>

> I have analyzed the code of other modules but didn't find good solution.
> What is the usual way to resolve problem like this?
>
> One of the ways I see is to append metadata at the begin of p_buffer (before
> media sample payload) and set some new flag to i_flags.  But it requires
> adding of new global flag like BLOCK_FLAG_CENC_ENCRYPTED.
> Something like adding to vlc_block.h :
> #define BLOCK_FLAG_CENC_ENCRYPTED 0x4000
> That is not good because flags range is pretty limited.
>
> Do you have any better ideas to implement it?

Sample encryption support is already planned.
IV pass isn't sufficient as some encryption methods provide IV per
sample, or segment.
You'll need to configure decryption on es using ES control (decryption
modules will be handled before decoder), and provide per sample parameters.

See the discussion about ancillary.

--
Francois Cartegnie
VideoLAN - VLC Developer