[vlc-devel] [RFC] Moving services discovery out of the playlist

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jun 8 18:33:32 CEST 2018

Le perjantaina 8. kesäkuuta 2018, 18.05.58 EEST Romain Vimont a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We would like to move services discovery out of the playlist, I explain
> why and detail a proposal in this RFC:
> <https://github.com/rom1v/vlc/blob/sd/rfc.md>
>
> I would appreciate feedbacks ;-)

playlist_IsServicesDiscoveryLoaded() is deprecated because it's broken by
design, and nobody proposed a sane alternative. Anything that tries to imitate
is thus presumed broken by design too. And that seems to include
media_browser_GetMediaSource().

Also I don't see the point in reference counting. SD instances are not
reentrant, so I don't see what you can do with a reference to one.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/