[vlc-devel] [RFC] Moving services discovery out of the playlist

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jun 8 18:43:11 CEST 2018

Le perjantaina 8. kesäkuuta 2018, 18.05.58 EEST Romain Vimont a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We would like to move services discovery out of the playlist, I explain
> why and detail a proposal in this RFC:
> <https://github.com/rom1v/vlc/blob/sd/rfc.md>

This fails to explain why you need a new input item node type. There is
already such a thing, independent of the playlist.

And it makes zero sense to allow users to modify or lock the SD tree. An SD
maintains its tree. Nobody else can modify it, and nobody else can decide when
it gets modified. In other words, an SD is not a media library.

http://www.remlab.net/