[vlc-devel] patches to improve Wayland support

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Jun 12 19:57:23 CEST 2018

Le tiistaina 12. kesäkuuta 2018, 1.02.15 EEST erwan.tulou at gmail.com a écrit :
> Hello,
>
>     Please find attached three patches that improve vlc on Wayland.
> There were mainly tested with xdg_shell and -V wl on Gnome Mutter, Kwin
> and Weston.
>     ( vlc -I qt --no-embedded-video --no-video-deco -V wl)

>    - patch 1: xdg_shell must not resize while in fullscreen mode

VLC still needs to track the correct display size even in fullscreen mode.
Otherwise we will get some small video in the top left. Not to mention the
corner case that the output resolution changes while playing.

So this seems very wrong.

>    - patch 2: preserve the window size when transitioning from one video
> to the next (reuse of the window)
> See the rationale in the description within the patch

I am not sure if this is correct or not. But flagging a core patch for all
platforms as a Wayland thing is misleading.

>     - patch 3: a try at implementing black borders with -V wl.

This patch disables the scaler. No way.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/