[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt: Fix building with Qt < 5.7 after 691c674bfff

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Thu Jun 14 22:29:20 CEST 2018

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I believe this is not a good idea. Bump requirements of Qt to 5.9.

That's probably a sensible path forward as well.

I can give it a shot to update the contribs build to a newer version. What
version do you think we should go for there? 5.9 which is LTS, or 5.10.1
from early this year, or 5.11 that was just released a couple weeks ago?
(5.10.1 requires much much fewer patches for llvm-mingw and 5.11.0 should
be fine without any extra patches. 5.9 requires pretty much all the
patches we have there right now.)

// Martin