[vlc-devel] [question] anamorphic video using vmem

jeremy.vignelles at dev3i.fr jeremy.vignelles at dev3i.fr
Wed Mar 14 09:32:01 CET 2018

Hello,
Following the question I asked last week on IRC :

I have a user of Vlc.DotNet that has an anamorphic video (4:3 image buffer
that should be displayed as 16:9) :
https://github.com/ZeBobo5/Vlc.DotNet/issues/386
The WPF control he's using uses libvlc_video_set_format_callbacks  and
libvlc_video_set_callbacks to render the video, but it's displayed as 4:3 .

Here is the sample file:
https://github.com/ZeBobo5/Vlc.DotNet/files/1784317/AAA.zip

As per j-b suggestion, I used `libvlc_media_get_codec_description` to get
the description of the first Video track I found. The codec is "mpgv",
description : "MPEG-1/2 Video".

j-b also suggested that I could get the the video aspect ratio by getting
the video track. Is it safe to assume that there is only one video track?
Otherwise, how can I get the video track that is currently playing?

Thanks for your answers,
Jérémy