[vlc-devel] Regarding GSoC 2018 (Implementing Automatic Subtitle generation for VLC)

Manikant Gautam manikant.gautam.712 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:39:34 CET 2018

Sir/Madam,

I am Manikant from India. I am participating in GSoC 2018.
I have an idea for VLC media player. I want to implement automatic subtitle
generation like YouTube for VLC desktop application. Subtitle of many
videos are not available on internet. So my implementation will make
subtitle while playing video. Also for other language, it can be translated.

I will use speech to text api (open source). I am learning the required
technology to be used for this.

Hope to hear from you.

With regards
Thank you