[vlc-devel] Interested in contributing to VLC

Kushal K S V S kkushal32 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:48:37 CET 2018

Hi all,
I am Kushal. I am interested in working on the project 'VLC' cryptographic
updates project under the GSoC program this summer. I compiled the vlc code
and tinkering right now. I am very much interested in Cryptography and
currently getting acquainted with GnuPG.
I am also learning how it is implemented in VLC using Libgcrypt. I am going
through the following files for that. Am I right ?
./src/misc/update.h
./src/misc/update.c
./src/misc/update_crypto.h
./src/misc/update_crypto.c

Can anyone elaborate what this task means ?

   - provide a master key upgrade path

I love the learning curve. Is there anything I need to look into ( any
additional resources / documentation / code )
related to this project ? I want to submit a GSoC proposal for this
project.
Any additional requirements to be satisfied to participate ?

About Me:
I am a 3rd year Computer Science undergrad at IIT Guwahati, India.
I am primarily a C/C++ developer.
I completed a project under 'The FreeType Org' as part of GSoC 2017.

Thank You.

P.S: I have an internship in June. But I will be able to put in 40hr of
work a week regardless of that.
Is there any hard rule against participating ?