[vlc-devel] [patch] add range for --verbose

jnqnfe at gmail.com jnqnfe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:22:49 CET 2018

On Sat, 2018-03-10 at 21:18 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le vendredi 9 mars 2018, 20:18:14 EET jnqnfe at gmail.com a écrit :
> > On Sat, 2018-03-03 at 16:56 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> > > On second thought, an integer choice list might make more sense
> > > here.
> >
> > Agreed, a choice list would work well here.
> >
> > I have attached a revised patch which implements this. I allowed
> > for
> > three 'debug extended' levels for plugins to make use of.
> >
> > I also attached an additional possible patch for adding such three
> > 'debug extended' levels to the actual message type enum.
>
> Second patch does not apply for me :-(

Oh, sorry, I'd built them on my 'patches' collection branch, which
includes a patch to tidy up help output headings which hasn't been
merged (can't remember if I've even sent it in). I've moved all the
patches relating to the verbosity option to a clean branch, and
attached them here.

After my last email, that same day I realised that we also need a range
in addition to the choice list, to handle -v shortform
incremementation, since the check value code does not take choice lists
into consideration (despite a comment that this is done). I've had that
extra patch in my outbox, and it seems to already have been sent on
opening my mail client, please ignore it and use the patches attached
here.

Regards,
Lyndon