[vlc-devel] VLC may become unresponsive if playlist looping is enabled

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Mar 20 11:43:38 CET 2018

AFAICT, the Qt GUI is becoming unresponsive when it displays the error dialog. I do not see any problems with the playlist thread. In fact, there are no issues if the loop is triggered with another interface than Qt.

And I don't see how the demux or decoder could possibly know that a file cannot be played. That is a very vague notion.