[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] aout: export used module internal name

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Mar 24 04:00:56 CET 2018

Le vendredi 23 mars 2018, 11:13:58 EET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> Maybe we should merge it like that for 3.0, and add a proper API in aout to
> propose an option to enable/disable the passthrough.

3.0 is a stable branch, we don't add new features there. There never was a
feature to enable pass-through live as is.

> Something like:
>
> /* -1: This aout should not change the digital output state (like
> pulseaudio) *  0: Disabled
>  *  1: Enabled
>  */
> int aout_GetDigitalOutput(audio_output_t *aout);
>
> void aout_SetDigitalOutputEnabled(audio_output_t *aout, bool enabled);

No. Pass-through belongs in per-device configuration, where it always was and
still is, not in API, and even less so in a non-device-specific API.

Only problem now is that pass-through has become enabled by default on
Windows, which it probably should not have.