[vlc-devel] Regarding building of VLC using clang/LLVM on Linux/Ubuntu

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Fri Mar 30 08:25:31 CEST 2018

I ran into a similar issue. Basically when using protobuf from contribs,
if it doesn't match exactly the protoc output (as in same A.B.x version)
it will not accept the compiled .proto files. To fix that we may build
the contribs with the same version reported by `protoc --version`, since
there is no way that one version will satisfy everyone on all platforms
(including bots).