[vlc-devel] [RFC V2] Update Qt to use the new player/playlist API and use QML engine

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Apr 13 16:45:03 CEST 2019

Le lauantaina 13. huhtikuuta 2019, 17.06.45 EEST Francois Cartegnie a écrit :

> I can't find the option related to the promise we made of keeping the
> old interface for pro/expert users.
>

> Currently on my side that's highly inconsistent, removing features and
> introducing new usability issues.

I cannot judge the video playback experience, since it's not implemented.
Ditto the service discovery. But for audio playback, the new UI is really
terrible IMO. Basically, I don't understand what is actually supposed to work?

The basic controls are ugly and needlessly large. The rest of the window is
wasted on a useless album cover (if available). Menus and playlist are hard to
access, and "advanced" controls are missing.

Broken window syndrome. Merging this at this point only demotivates other
people from developping and testing.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/