[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] skins2: ensure playlist gets stopped before terminating vlc.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Dec 2 18:05:13 CET 2019

Le maanantaina 2. joulukuuta 2019, 10.20.15 EET Alexandre Janniaux a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Actually stopping the playlist wont kill the video output
> module, only killing the input resource, meaning releasing
> the vlc_player will do.
>
> However, player and playlist might be used by multiple
> control interface and this problem is only a concern for
> the one providing the vout_window. Hence I believe it must
> be solved by the mechanism providing the window instead of
> relying on a much wider API like playlist and player.

By the same logic, it's only a problem for the window provider of an
interface, not the stand-alone ones, and thus it should be handled by the
interface. Obvious logical flaw is obvious.

Besides, technically there is already a way to handle this. It's just that
interface implementors cannot be bothered (UI frameworks make it hard) to
handle the window being allocated before the interface, or deallocated after
the interface. At the core level, everything is already in place for this.

And I really don't see how you can fix that in the video window code, which is
the most obvious but not the only symptomatic case. This really is a problem
between the playlist and the main interfaces.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/