[vlc-devel] Handling deadlock between display:Open() and vout_window_ReportSize()

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Fri Dec 13 17:54:22 CET 2019

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 06:08:38PM +0200, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
> There's an obvious lock inversion in that patch that will break all platforms.

For the inversion lock, the inversion is obvious in the
current codebase, but is impossible if you enable with the
right state because of the ordering of events and state, as
far as I checked. It's not impossible that it's imperfect
though, I would have submitted a patch if I were sure of
what I was doing.