[vlc-devel] [Asso] VLC video surface workshop

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Tue Feb 5 09:01:55 CET 2019

Are we set on the 23rd and 24th of February ? So I can book my train.
Also should we group hotels ?

As for the topics. There are 2 main topics: surface/offscreen rendering
(including 10 bits, HDR or stereo support) and the push model refinements.

Some Vulkan knowledge could be good for the first topic, at least
regarding non 8-bit/SDR rendering.

Some libplacebo knowledge would be good too for the push model to know
how much hardware acceleration it can receive and how to play well will
decoders on various platforms (D3D11 decoding to OpenGL rendering using
interop2 is possible ? And with Vulkan ?). And if not we can discuss how
to get there.

So IMO Niklas you should come.

A MacOS person who knows Metal(2) would be nice... I'd do it if I could
compile for MacOS and run it on my phone.