[vlc-devel] [RFC] Merging extras/tools & contribs

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Mon Feb 11 16:45:39 CET 2019

On 11/02/2019 09:10, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The thing is, the Win32Compile wiki page still advises using prebuilt
> contribs. I don't think GPL is a problem on Windows desktop. That
> being the case, I don't thini we can break prebuilt contribs...

I've used this page a lot but now it's outdated. I have my own guide to
build VLC on Msys2: https://github.com/robUx4/vlc-msys

The prebuilt never worked out of the box due to some symbolic link not
extracting properly with tar. One has to copy files manually and run the
prefix "fix" as well. So I doubt anyone is using it.