[vlc-devel] [PATCH 1/2] test: demux-run: add libvlc_demux_process_memory
thomas at gllm.fr
Thu Feb 21 18:21:54 CET 2019
On Thu, Feb 21, 2019, at 17:44, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le torstaina 21. helmikuuta 2019, 10.22.16 EET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> > On Thu, Feb 21, 2019, at 09:20, Thomas Guillem wrote:
> > > On Thu, Feb 21, 2019, at 06:57, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > >> Hi,
> > >>
> > >> This would work properly if demuxers never modified the configuration, or
> > >> texl'heir parent objects, etc. But because some of them do (AFAIR), this
> > >> leaks unreproducible state into the testing.>
> > > Which ones ?
> > > I grepped variable and config changes in all demuxers/codec/packetizers.
> > > There are not config change at all and all variable changes are done on
> > > current objects.
> > >
> > > So I don't see any unreproducible state for now.
> > Maybe some access_demux like bluray/dvd changed global variables in the past
> > but I fixed it when I did the input_thread_t cleanup.
> I have not checked in recent times.
> But I still don't exactly see the point of all this complexity. If you want to
> "cache" the module bank, you just need to call libvlc_new() at process start-
If I cache the module bank, libvlc_new take 1000us instead of 2000us.
> I don't see why you need to patch the runner.
Because a test without the libvlc_new/release only take 30-60us.
Do the math, we need this patch.
> vlc-devel mailing list
> To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options:
More information about the vlc-devel