[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] win32: do not delete nonexistent window

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jan 16 17:05:31 CET 2019

Le keskiviikkona 16. tammikuuta 2019, 15.53.24 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> This commit broke the wallpaper feature of D3D9 (which I wanted to use
> to test invalid pictures). Unfortunately it doesn't seem easy to revert
> as the function has now disappeared.

It was already agreed in previous meetings to preserve the window in the input
resource (not yet done) like we do for audio outputs, for a variety of reasons
that I am not going to go through yet again.

So of course that specific functionality is gone. Not that it prevents
wallpaper mode. You don't need to delete a window to not use it. Indeed,
wallpaper mode still works with non-embedded video, and never worked with Qt-
embedded video, for me.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/