[vlc-devel] $Id

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Thu Jan 17 09:37:49 CET 2019

Hi,

As you all know in most of our source files there's a $Id in the header.
My understanding (from SVN times) is that it helps tracking where a
source file comes from in the wild. But do we really need that ?

When rebasing 90% of the time I end up having to resolve conflicts in
files where only the $Id value changed. It's a waste of time and also
makes rebasing less clear if there are actual conflicts or not. IMO it's
similar to false warning in the source code.

Can we get rid of that ?