[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] display: convert picture in vout_display_Prepare()

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Fri Jan 18 08:54:01 CET 2019

On 17/01/2019 16:53, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Not that it matters. Comsumer stereoscopic video is dead. I just
> checked the
> largest electronic shop in town, and it was almost all about 4K and HDR. The
> only "3D" items I could find were replacement RC's.

VR headsets are using 2 displays and can/should render stereoscopic
sources. And it's still popular.

But I don't think VLC should care if a technology is popular enough to
support it or not. The fact that it *was* popular at some point and that
there are tons of content out there people are willing to play is a much
better incentive. VLC should "play it all".

The fact that VRR (variable/higher frame rate) is coming to TVs also
mean 3D can make a cheap comeback in these TVs.