[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vout: start before creating the thread

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jan 31 17:03:56 CET 2019

Le torstaina 31. tammikuuta 2019, 13.00.24 EET Pierre Lamot a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> it looks like the commit "4c8af37efa8b4dddd62c4716ff0acbefc071745f" (vout:
> start before creating the thread) is causing issues:
>
> we end up having calls on the OpenGL context from differents thread wich
> might not be supported by some implementations.

This has already been the case for over 4 years, and already in VLC 3.0:
2b8731885224a910a7e07e9ec846c869f869b94c That ship has sailed.

Either you fix your GL provider backend to follow the API, or you don't use the
GL provider abstraction, the GL surface abstraction and the generic OpenGL
display plugin.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/