[vlc-devel] [PATCH 1/5] freetype: remove karaoke styling handling
fcvlcdev at free.fr
Wed Jul 3 19:01:44 CEST 2019
Le 03/07/2019 à 17:43, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Can you please explicitly state the rationale? I don't necessarily mind but...
* Dead USF format
* Was working by passing karaoke nodes to be processed in freetype
* Html support in freetype has been removed
* Now only wasting memory in freetype for unused timings strucs
* Complex spu expire/replace rendering in vout
If animation has to be done, that should be through pf_update and updater.
* Karaoke styling is de facto useless, style also has to be done in updater
VideoLAN - VLC Developer
More information about the vlc-devel