[vlc-devel] Enquiry about vlc_block.h

amitsingh19975 amitsingh19975 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 10:45:54 CEST 2019

Hi, Yep, I'm talking about the block_ChainLastAppend as of the current implementation to append to last node you have to iterate over all the node till you find last one no matter what. If you could just store the point of the last node the overhead of iterating is no more and this would speed up the process of appending to last node. RegardsAmit SinghSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Alexandre Janniaux <ajanni at videolabs.io> Date: 27/07/19  1:57 PM  (GMT+05:30) To: Mailing list for VLC media player developers <vlc-devel at videolan.org> Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Enquiry about vlc_block.h Hi,Can you describe your issue with code ?IIUC you're looking for block_ChainLastAppend ?Regards,-- Alexandre JanniauxVideoLabsLe 26 juil. 2019 10:31 PM, Amit Singh <amitsingh19975 at gmail.com> a écrit :Hi,
My name is Amit Singh and I just wanted to know about block_t struct. My question is that why we are traversing block_t when we can store
the pointer to the last node which could remove overhead of iterating over a linked list, is it because of size constraint ?
Best Regards
Amit Singh