[vlc-devel] [RFC] Dropping npapi

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen hugo at beauzee.fr
Thu Jun 6 17:28:05 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm planning on removing the npapi module from the vlc-npapi repo.
The activex plugin will remain there, though we might want to rename the repo at some point.

To my knowledge, npapi support was dropped 4 years ago by chrome, and 2 years ago by firefox. I don't think we should invest anymore time supporting it, especially since the libvlc API is currently changing fairly often, causing our Windows nightly builds to fail.
The 3.0.x branch will stay untouched.

If you have any strong objection, please speak up fast :)

Regards,

--
  Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen
  hugo at beauzee.fr