[vlc-devel] Push Model Issue

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Thu Jun 13 08:29:59 CEST 2019

On 2019-06-12 23:16, Sean McGovern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the minimum Windows version we require? D3D11 has been around for quite some time now.
>
> Could we safely deprecate and/or remove D3D9 in VLC 5.0?

Even on Win7 we don't use D3D11 by default because it's a less capable
version that's not useful to us (namely it cannot display NV12 textures
which is what decoders output). So we're probably stuck with D3D9 for a
while.

A lot of libvlc users also use D3D9 rather than D3D11 in their apps
(probably for historical reasons but also because it's easier to use).