[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] modules: store object name in a variable

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Tue Mar 5 08:03:43 CET 2019

On 3/4/2019 9:51 PM, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Decreeing that discussions older than 3 is irrelevant is ridiculous.

Yes and no. Valid points many years ago are likely to be valid today.
But if we're not presented with them there is no way to know. The code
has changed a lot in the last few years and will continue to do so. Some
things that used to be true may not be anymore and vice versa. But we
need the facts, not "it was discussed 9 years ago, end of discussion".