[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: remove legacy helpers to hold vout and aout

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne at videolan.org
Fri Mar 15 10:48:29 CET 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry for the late response.

> On 11. Mar 2019, at 21:50, David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 11.03.2019 um 11:14 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <git at videolan.org>:
>>
>> -        vout_thread_t *p_vout = getVoutForActiveWindow();
>> +        vout_thread_t *p_vout = [[[[VLCMain sharedInstance] playlistController] playerController] videoOutputThreadForKeyWindow];
>
> Hi,
>
> This is now far longer. Why removing the helpers?

I’d like to expose more obviously how this works and also prepare for the idea that we might have more than one playlist, which is allowed with the current design.

Further, having helpers requires to have a generic implementation without the possibility of reusing a previously retrieved object, which would save us quite a few selector dispatches and have VLC behave faster. Obviously, I failed on that in the two spots you pointed and that will be addressed :)

Cheers,

Felix