[vlc-devel] [RFC V2] Update Qt to use the new player/playlist API and use QML engine

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Mar 16 03:22:14 CET 2019

Le vendredi 15 mars 2019, 16:58:10 EET Pierre Lamot a écrit :
> - Video isn't integrated within the interface on Windows at the moment, I've
> made good progress on this side, but it's not ready yet.
>
> - I kept the integration of the video on X11 through Qt OpenGL, as I didn't
> find a way to get proper alpha transparency of egl/glx window  (QML) over
> X11 window.

No. No way,

First, I refuse to limit VLC rendering to whatever the current Qt version on
Linux distros can do (and the associated bugs). We want to support Vulkan
going forward, and who-knows-what in the future. Using QtOpenGL is no go.

Second, as already mentioned in the previous iteration, I refuse to have two
different sets of code paths for rendering just for Qt.

You have to provide vout window for all three window types that are currently
covered by Qt (Win32, XWindow, and Wayland).