[vlc-devel] [RFC V2] Update Qt to use the new player/playlist API and use QML engine

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Mar 18 16:24:06 CET 2019

Le lundi 18 mars 2019, 10:59:15 EET Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> Therefore, we only need the different code path for QtOpenGL on X11.

That might be an viable from maintenance's standpoint once X11 is broadly
obsoleted and nobody really cares about it, but that's years from now, if
ever.

That will not be an option in 4.0, and most certainly not in 5.0 either.

> We need to move forward. I agree to merge the new UI with the known
> limitation on X11 (don't integrate the window or use QtOpenGL).

Okay, but I hope you know what you are doing there, because this sounds like a
promise of the kind that can hold a release for an indefinite amount of time.