[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] packetizer/startcode_helper: enhance with AVX2

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Mar 19 14:38:02 CET 2019

Le mardi 19 mars 2019, 09:35:07 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> Reverting code without asking first is also a CoC violation.
> https://wiki.videolan.org/Code_of_Conduct/
>
> Although asking (which was done about an hour before the revert) without
> waiting for an answer seems wrong as well. The wording of the CoC should
> probably be improved.

Bad faith much?

5 days before the revert I discussed the problem:
- on this mailing list,
- on Trac (one bug then another one later),
- on IRC.
Konstantin also pointed it out, and it flagged by Jenkins too.

In 3 working days and a weekend, there was plenty of time for pros and
hobbyists alike to discuss.

You can blame your own self all you want for not participating to the
discussion timely. Me? I discussed the issue and fixed my way after nobody else
took the opportunity.

So offense very much taken.

By the way, false accusations are against the CoC (and applicable laws).