[vlc-devel] Prebuilt 3rd party libs for Windows 32-bit

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Wed Mar 20 10:33:12 CET 2019

Hi,

On 3/19/2019 8:52 PM, André William wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to build VLC for Windows 32-bits but some steps described
> on the wiki [https://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile/] seem to be
> outdated. For instance, it says that as of late 2016 there were no
> prebuilt 3rd part libraries available for VLC 3.x. Does that still
> hold true? What version should I target if I want to avoid manually
> building all the dependencies?

Looking at the build bot, the continuous builds use some prebuilt for 3.0:
https://jenkins.videolan.org/job/vlc-continuous/job/vlc-3.0-cont-win32-x86/933/consoleFull

http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/last-3/vlc-contrib-i686-w64-mingw32-20190314.tar.bz2

Using prebuilt is risky and often fails because it requires that you
have the same compiler with the same that was used to compile.

To build on+for Windows I keep these instructions up to date:
https://github.com/robUx4/vlc-msys/blob/master/README.md