[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: use WINSTORECOMPAT when building for Windows Store

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Thu Mar 21 08:01:04 CET 2019

On 3/20/2019 8:18 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le mercredi 20 mars 2019, 08:11:39 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
>> I don't see on what "dependency" it would be triggered. And a hardcoded
>> value with AH_* would not track any change either.
> Object files built from C/C++ files including config.h depend on config.h which
> depends on config.h.in and on configure which depend on configure.ac. If you
> change the AH or AC stanza in configure.ac, everything gets rebuilts in cascade
> as needed.

Agreed. This is the same with AX macros in configure.ac.

> No such rebuild happens if you change a run-time flag. configure gets rebuilt
> but nothing else as such. So all your object files are potentially stale and
> executables.

Not sure what you call run-time flags here. If you mean CFLAGS in the
environment calling configure, I agree. Modifying configure.ac and
calling make or compile will reuse the original CFLAGS the first time
you run configure, unless you call configure explicitly. But the the
CFLAGS added via configure.ac are kept in both cases. There is no issue
here.