[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] configure: use WINSTORECOMPAT when building for Windows Store

Denis Charmet typx at dinauz.org
Thu Mar 21 15:12:51 CET 2019

Hi,

On 2019-03-21 08:01, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Not sure what you call run-time flags here. If you mean CFLAGS in the
> environment calling configure, I agree. Modifying configure.ac and
> calling make or compile will reuse the original CFLAGS the first time
> you run configure, unless you call configure explicitly. But the the
> CFLAGS added via configure.ac are kept in both cases. There is no
> issue here.

If I understood correctly Remi's point, and it's a problem I've seen
several times on $DAYJOB, there is an issue is on reconfigure after
make.

Changing the CFLAGS won't trigger a recompilation of already built .o
files. Make can track file changes not CFLAGS changes so putting your
flags in config.h will show as a config.h modification, so every file
listing as a dependency will be rebuilt ensuring your reconfiguration
will be handled properly.

Regards,
--
Denis Charmet - TypX